Another summer post? YES! I’m absolutely in love with summer, you get to do so much fun stuff and not have to worry about school! Seems pretty nice to me. Today, I’m gonna tell you 10 life hacks for when you’re traveling to save you time, money, and space.
- Bring your own food on the plane or in the car with you, this will save you both time AND money
- Pack an extra bag for things you may buy so you aren’t trying to squeeze everything together to make it all fit- this could break things
- Bring a popup laundry hamper to keep your hotel room neat
- Bring a neck pillow for comfort, especially if you’re travelling by plane
- Roll your clothes rather than folding them, this will save space in your suitcase
- Put your jewelry in a pill case to avoid thinks getting lost or tangled
- Put necklaces through straws to prevent tangling
- Call your credit card company and let them know where you’re going
- Use cotton pads to avoid makeup breakage
- Bring a multicharge adapter
Hopefully some of these will help you on your trips this summer! Have fun and be safe!
It’s that time of year again- SUMMER! Time to vacay and go on trips! There’s always a few specific things that I NEVER let myself forget when traveling, they’re must-haves when on vacation. Some may seem obvious, but trust me, I’ve left without them before and it’s not fun… So here are 10 things I always pack:
- ID – The worst thing that could possibly happen, is you get to your destination and you’re going out, but you forgot your ID!
- Headphones – If you’re traveling by plane, bring headphones or earbuds! Unless for some reason you like to hear everybody talking?
- Portable Charger – It really sucks when you’re in the middle of navigating and you’re phone dies. ALWAYS keep a fully charged portable charger with you!
- Camera – You absolutely have to take lots of pictures! Show everyone how awesome your vacation is! Then, when you get home you can print the pictures off and have the memories forever.
- Tylenol – It’s never fun having a horrible hangover when on vacation…
- Hand Sanitizer – Sometimes, public bathrooms are either gross to wash your hands in, or they don’t always have soap. Keep clean unless you want nasty bacteria all over your hands!
- Gum – Always keep some gum on you in case you see someone cute and don’t want them thinking you have bad breath, that’s always a turn off.
- Water Bottle – STAY HYDRATED!!! I cannot stress this enough! Drink lots of water so you don’t get headaches or pass out. Plus, water is good for you!
- Sunglasses – If you’re at the beach sunglasses are always expensive to buy. And you don’t want the sun in your eyes, that’s just plain annoying. So do yourself a favor and don’t forget your sunglasses!
- Pillow – Whether you’re camping or at a hotel, bring your own pillow from home. Sometimes hotel pillows can be really uncomfortable, especially if you’re picky when it comes to pillows.
I hope you guys enjoy your vacays!! Comment what your traveling essentials are!
So it’s summer now, and we all wanna go on fun vacations. But… How do you make the money if you’re not working a summer job or need more money than you’re making? It’s easier than you think! There are SO many apps out there you can use to sell things you don’t want anymore. An old phone, a purse you don’t use anymore, etc. Basically all you need to do is take a picture of the item and describe it! You will need a PayPal account to get paid though if you don’t already have one. The only downside I can think of is that a small percentage is taken out of your final earnings as a fee for using the app.
Rehoboth Beach was a fun trip with my mom and sister. Unfortunately for my mom, only our first full day there we were swimming and she got a huge ocean fishing hook caught in her toe! To make it worse, the hook had a barb on it so we couldn’t just pull it out right then and there…
We ended up going to the emergency room all dressed up in our bathing suits, and boy let me tell you, it was freezing. The doctor ended up pushing the hook all the way through her toe by cutting the skin on the other side, snipping the barb off (which flew into my face), and pulling it out. Luckily my mom didn’t end up needing stitches, but it bled a lot. The only part that hurt her she said was the numbing shots and the tetanus shot they gave her. As you probably guessed they put her on an antibiotic to keep the wound from getting an infection.
We went to the outlets shopping almost everyday, and walked around the cute little shops in town and on the boardwalk a couple of times. Most of the stores on the boardwalk have basically the same stuff, but it was still fun to walk around and look through them! I ended up blowing a lot of money on new school clothes, which I might end up showing you guys in a YouTube video. Most of the outlets had some really good deals which is great.
We woke up really early in the morning on our third day to watch the sunrise, which was absolutely beautiful. I got some great pictures, one of which is the photo for this post! I’ll post a few of the others on the other social media I have under Day As Casey! Later that day, the dolphins came out. There were so many of them it had to have been multiple pods coming together but I don’t know my dolphinology too well so maybe not haha. They got really close to shore at one point at they were there for a long time. To make the sight even better, a couple of them put on a show for us and started jumping out of the water!
On our last full day it was rainy so we hit the outlets again and went to play mini golf. I thought I was going to be so bad at it but I ended up kicking butt and winning! I even ended up getting a hole-in-one and may or may not have let out a little scream of excitement, making some strangers jump… The course was super cute, too. It was set up as a rainforest or jungle type theme with water and mist machines and everything. The way it was set up though, I tripped and fell about five times into the bushes trying to retrieve my ball from hitting it in the wrong place. Despite looking like I was drunk tripping all over the place and screaming, I had a great time.
The trip overall was fun and relaxing for all of us, even my mom. We went to Rehoboth last year, and I hope to go again next year!
Today’s post is about the best feeling ever, smooth legs. During summer if you’re at the beach or outside in shorts or a dress, you want your legs to be shiny and soft!
My first tip is before you even get in the shower to shave, use an exfoliating cream. If you have sensitive skin a mild scrub will work best for you and not damage your skin. Once you’re in the shower, add some body wash to your lufah and gently use it to better exfoliate your skin BEFORE you shave!
The warmer the water, the smoother the shave. If the water is too hot though it could dry out your skin. Wash your hair first so the water has time to soften the skin around the hair follicles for a smoother shave.
When you reach for your razor, I suggest you use at least a triple bladed razor, and even if your skin isn’t sensitive, try using a razor that takes that into consideration. Yes, men’s razors work well, but DO NOT use men’s shaving cream for your legs! Some brands contain ingredients that could irritate your skin. For sensitive legs, unscented shaving cream is recommended.
When you’re out of the shower, pat your skin dry and apply coconut oil to rub in. If you want extra shiny legs or have bruises, MAC Face and Body makeup and Maybelline’s Drem Fresh BB Cream both work amazing! La Mer Body Cream works good too, but that’s like $200. Literally…
I’m sorry this was sort of a short post, I hope you found some stuff helpful!
I hope you’re all having a great summer so far, the last few days have been totally hectic for me! Today I was thinking of doing another summer DIY, but then I thought you guys might like it if I did multiple in one post! So therefore, that’s what you’re gonna get(:
This literally only takes like five minutes to do, and it’s great for if you just wanna lay outside and relax or read a book or something! The best part is you most likely have all three things needed and it’s actually functional so you won’t hop on and face-plant on the ground two seconds later. It ends up looking small, but it widens when you’re in it!
- 1 Sheet (twin size from a bed works perfect)
- 10 Feet of Rope
Lets Make It Now:
- Lay out your sheet and cut it in half lengthwise
- Cut your rope in half and use a sheet-bend knot to connect both ends to the sheet (if you don’t know how to do this, click here)
- Tie your hammock securely to a tree
DIY Bouncing Bubbles
This is great for if you have kids or babysit, etc. Kids LOVE bubbles, and it keeps them occupied and out of trouble! These bubbles don’t pop when you touch them, you can literally play with them! I personally think the only downside to this is having to let the liquid sit for a day.
- 1 Cup Distilled Water
- 1 Tablespoon Dish Soap
- 1 Teaspoon Glycerin (you can buy this online)
- 1 Glove/Sock
Let’s Make Some Bubbles:
- Mix ALL ingredients together (minus the glove or sock…)
- Let the solution sit for 24 hours
- Put on some gloves and go bounce some bubbles! (This helps ensure the bubbles won’t pop)
DIY Frozen Aloe
This helps tremendously when you get a sunburn! It not only helps to soothe your skin with the aloe vera, but the ice cools you down from the heat. So really you’re killing two birds with one stone here.
- All-Natural Aloe
- Ice Tray
This part is so easy and simple I don’t even have to number the steps! All you have to do is mix together some aloe with a little bit of water, and put it in an ice-cube tray and stick it in the freezer to freeze!
Beach Sand Removal
One of the only things I hear people complain about when talking about beaches, is the sand getting stuck to your wet and even dry skin… It’s incredibly annoying. Baby powder makes your skin very dry which helps to keep the sand from sticking to you.
- Baby Powder or Corn Starch
All you do here is put a reasonable amount of the baby powder or corn starch into your hands, then apply onto your feet and calves, or any other parts you’d like. You can brush off the extra baby powder easily along with any sand!
That’s all I have for you today! I meant to get this post up yesterday but my computer was having issues so I apologize for that!
Even though it’s already the end of July, I’m gonna start my summer bucket list now. It’s never too late to start, right? Well, unless it was like September or something…Then maybe I wouldn’t wanna jump off a cliff in a bikini.
The first thing I want to do before summer ends is to go cliff jumping! I’ve done this before and it’s the most amazing thing, I love it! You get an adrenaline rush and everything.
Next, I want to have a tumblr theme campout with a friend. I’ve always wanted to hang up lights outside in the yard or at a campsite and lay out a bunch of pillows and blankets and have a movie playing on a laptop or something. It’s just one of those things that I think would be so fun and that I have always wanted to do.
When I go on my beach vacation this year, there’s two things I wanna check off my summer bucket list! The first is to wake up early enough to watch the sunrise on the beach when nobody’s there. It’s such a peaceful and beautiful thing, ESPECIALLY when you see dolphins!! The second part is to find a straw and drink straight out of a coconut! This I’ve never tried, but pictures of it always look so tumblr and cute, and it’s always fun to try new things! Plus, I do like coconut so hopefully I think it’s good!
Two summers ago, me and my friend wanted to make a giant slip-n-slide, so we did! It was really fun to make and to go on. It’s also really simple to set up, you just simply lay out a few tarps and put a hose at the top and drizzle some soap on and that’s basically it!
Have you ever been to a drive-in movie? If not, you park in a big field and you can lay in the grass or your car, and a movie is projected onto a huge screen. It’s a really good idea for a date, or even just something fun to do! I haven’t been to one in a while, so I definitely wanna do that again sometime soon!
I know usually bucket lists are made up of things you’ve never done before. Even though I’ve done most of these things in the past, they’re so great I still want to check them off for this summer! I think you guys should definitely try at least one of these things and tell me what you think, or if you’ve done any of them let me know what it was like!