It’s that time of year again- SUMMER! Time to vacay and go on trips! There’s always a few specific things that I NEVER let myself forget when traveling, they’re must-haves when on vacation. Some may seem obvious, but trust me, I’ve left without them before and it’s not fun… So here are 10 things I always pack:
- ID – The worst thing that could possibly happen, is you get to your destination and you’re going out, but you forgot your ID!
- Headphones – If you’re traveling by plane, bring headphones or earbuds! Unless for some reason you like to hear everybody talking?
- Portable Charger – It really sucks when you’re in the middle of navigating and you’re phone dies. ALWAYS keep a fully charged portable charger with you!
- Camera – You absolutely have to take lots of pictures! Show everyone how awesome your vacation is! Then, when you get home you can print the pictures off and have the memories forever.
- Tylenol – It’s never fun having a horrible hangover when on vacation…
- Hand Sanitizer – Sometimes, public bathrooms are either gross to wash your hands in, or they don’t always have soap. Keep clean unless you want nasty bacteria all over your hands!
- Gum – Always keep some gum on you in case you see someone cute and don’t want them thinking you have bad breath, that’s always a turn off.
- Water Bottle – STAY HYDRATED!!! I cannot stress this enough! Drink lots of water so you don’t get headaches or pass out. Plus, water is good for you!
- Sunglasses – If you’re at the beach sunglasses are always expensive to buy. And you don’t want the sun in your eyes, that’s just plain annoying. So do yourself a favor and don’t forget your sunglasses!
- Pillow – Whether you’re camping or at a hotel, bring your own pillow from home. Sometimes hotel pillows can be really uncomfortable, especially if you’re picky when it comes to pillows.
I hope you guys enjoy your vacays!! Comment what your traveling essentials are!
Since it’s obviously fall, I thought I’d make another fall related post. Today, I’ll give you 10 fall essentials every girl, or guy, should have!
- Scarves – You can make a scarf go with literally almost any outfit! It makes it super cute and adds warmth.
- Mud Boots – These keep your feet nice and dry when the ground is wet, and they can also put an outfit together!
- Uggs – Who doesn’t love Uggs? They’re so fuzzy and warm so your feet stay cozy all day! Plus, they can go with basically any outfit.
- Tea – Tea is such a warming drink, it’s especially nice to sip on while you’re standing outside.
- Lotion – It’s always nice to soften up your skin, am I right?
- Candles – Make your house or room smell like whatever you want it to! Whether it be pumpkin spice or vanilla, the scent options are limitless!
- Travel Mugs – Perfect to keep your hands warm as the weather starts to get cooler and you’re standing outside, just put in coffee, tea, or another hot drink and sip away!
- Fuzzy Socks – Obviously a must-have to keep those toes warm and cozy at home.
- Touch-Screen Gloves – Again, you’re outside and it’s cold, why would you want your fingers to freeze when you’re on your phone?
- Boot Socks – Keeps your feet extra warm and adds to your outfit!
Unfortunately, it’s getting to the time in summer where we have to start thinking about what we need for school. It totally sucks, I know, but sadly it’s inevitable… Today I decided I’d go over some essentials that I just need in my bag at all times in order to survive the school-day.
Obviously you need like a bag and pencils and stuff, but with all the nasty people taking up a majority of the population in my school, mini hand sanitizers are my number one priority when it comes to what I need in my bag. You can get cute little holders for them and so many different scents at Bath & Body Works, some are even sparkly!
Instead of getting just regular ballpoint pens, I’m a huge sucker for those black gel pens they have… They write super smoothly and dry so fast which is great. They’re a little expensive, but in my opinion it’s definitely worth it!
Due to the fact that I can end up getting pretty emotional, there’s a chance of me breaking out in tears in the bathroom and ruining my makeup. Of course I have to fix it before people see, so I always have a spare makeup bag on me. I usually just put mini cosmetics in it so it doesn’t take up too much room in my bag, but as long as I have what I need like eyeliner and mascara, I’m all good to go. I also keep chapstick in this bag in case I need it, blotting wipes, hair ties/bobby pins, a miniature mirror, and perfume because gym happens dude and I don’t wanna smell like a gorilla.
Keeping a lanyard in your bag is also a good idea so you can have easy access to your keys, student ID, wallet, or whatever you put on it. I keep mine in the pouch where I keep my “emergency” products, such as Tylenol, tampons, band-aids, etc. In another small pocket I keep gum, mints, and my earbuds to drown out all the annoying people.
Now for the things needed to survive the day without committing a murder or falling asleep. Number one on this list is your phone, bring your regular charger and also a portable charger so you can charge it in your bag without leaving your phone on the ground near a wall where anyone can take it or snoop. Next, your laptop and a flash drive to keep track of your work and so you always have it with you incase you need it.
Keep a planner in your bag at all times, and don’t forget to write stuff down! This will definitely help you become more organized, be on time, and get more things done! Also, bring a water bottle. You don’t have to put water in it, you can make coffee or tea or whatever, but anything is better than using the school’s parasitic water fountains…
Hopefully this helped some of you if you were stumped on things you might need besides just paper and folders!
I hope you’re all having a great summer so far, the last few days have been totally hectic for me! Today I was thinking of doing another summer DIY, but then I thought you guys might like it if I did multiple in one post! So therefore, that’s what you’re gonna get(:
This literally only takes like five minutes to do, and it’s great for if you just wanna lay outside and relax or read a book or something! The best part is you most likely have all three things needed and it’s actually functional so you won’t hop on and face-plant on the ground two seconds later. It ends up looking small, but it widens when you’re in it!
- 1 Sheet (twin size from a bed works perfect)
- 10 Feet of Rope
Lets Make It Now:
- Lay out your sheet and cut it in half lengthwise
- Cut your rope in half and use a sheet-bend knot to connect both ends to the sheet (if you don’t know how to do this, click here)
- Tie your hammock securely to a tree
DIY Bouncing Bubbles
This is great for if you have kids or babysit, etc. Kids LOVE bubbles, and it keeps them occupied and out of trouble! These bubbles don’t pop when you touch them, you can literally play with them! I personally think the only downside to this is having to let the liquid sit for a day.
- 1 Cup Distilled Water
- 1 Tablespoon Dish Soap
- 1 Teaspoon Glycerin (you can buy this online)
- 1 Glove/Sock
Let’s Make Some Bubbles:
- Mix ALL ingredients together (minus the glove or sock…)
- Let the solution sit for 24 hours
- Put on some gloves and go bounce some bubbles! (This helps ensure the bubbles won’t pop)
DIY Frozen Aloe
This helps tremendously when you get a sunburn! It not only helps to soothe your skin with the aloe vera, but the ice cools you down from the heat. So really you’re killing two birds with one stone here.
- All-Natural Aloe
- Ice Tray
This part is so easy and simple I don’t even have to number the steps! All you have to do is mix together some aloe with a little bit of water, and put it in an ice-cube tray and stick it in the freezer to freeze!
Beach Sand Removal
One of the only things I hear people complain about when talking about beaches, is the sand getting stuck to your wet and even dry skin… It’s incredibly annoying. Baby powder makes your skin very dry which helps to keep the sand from sticking to you.
- Baby Powder or Corn Starch
All you do here is put a reasonable amount of the baby powder or corn starch into your hands, then apply onto your feet and calves, or any other parts you’d like. You can brush off the extra baby powder easily along with any sand!
That’s all I have for you today! I meant to get this post up yesterday but my computer was having issues so I apologize for that!