So it’s summer now, and we all wanna go on fun vacations. But… How do you make the money if you’re not working a summer job or need more money than you’re making? It’s easier than you think! There are SO many apps out there you can use to sell things you don’t want anymore. An old phone, a purse you don’t use anymore, etc. Basically all you need to do is take a picture of the item and describe it! You will need a PayPal account to get paid though if you don’t already have one. The only downside I can think of is that a small percentage is taken out of your final earnings as a fee for using the app.
Now that it’s fall, the best thing to have is a Pumpkin Spice Latte. PSL’s can cost so much money though, especially the real ones at Starbucks! To solve this problem, I found a recipe online you can use to make this autumn essential all by yourself right in the coziness of your very own home!
Things You’ll Need:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix together 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water into the saucepan
- Bring the sugar water to a low boil and reduce heat
- Add 2 tbsp of pumpkin puree and 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- Keep mixture as a syrup and stir occasionally
- Take the pan off the stove and let cool for 15 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup of coffee and 2 cups of milk to the syrup and mix it together
Done! Enjoy your homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte!
I’m one of those people that’s not necessarily a germophobe, but I’m terrified of parasites. This DIY cleanse gets rid of nasty infections in your body and is an all natural remedy, also, it’s very easy to make! The recipe includes ingredients that help calm inflammation and help your immune system.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- 3 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 2 chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish
- 1/4 cup of garlic
- 1/4 cup of onion
- 1/4 cup of ginger
Put the apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix all other ingredients separately in another bowl. Pour the mixture and apple cider vinegar into a jar and seal it closed, then shake well to mix everything together. For two weeks let this sit in a cool dark spot and then strain it through gauze.
Each day take 1 teaspoon of the remedy, this is enough to protect you from bacteria and injections. The flavor will be strong, but that’s what fights the infections!
Hopefully this helps some of you guys! I highly recommend doing this!
I hope you’re all having a great summer so far, the last few days have been totally hectic for me! Today I was thinking of doing another summer DIY, but then I thought you guys might like it if I did multiple in one post! So therefore, that’s what you’re gonna get(:
This literally only takes like five minutes to do, and it’s great for if you just wanna lay outside and relax or read a book or something! The best part is you most likely have all three things needed and it’s actually functional so you won’t hop on and face-plant on the ground two seconds later. It ends up looking small, but it widens when you’re in it!
- 1 Sheet (twin size from a bed works perfect)
- 10 Feet of Rope
Lets Make It Now:
- Lay out your sheet and cut it in half lengthwise
- Cut your rope in half and use a sheet-bend knot to connect both ends to the sheet (if you don’t know how to do this, click here)
- Tie your hammock securely to a tree
DIY Bouncing Bubbles
This is great for if you have kids or babysit, etc. Kids LOVE bubbles, and it keeps them occupied and out of trouble! These bubbles don’t pop when you touch them, you can literally play with them! I personally think the only downside to this is having to let the liquid sit for a day.
- 1 Cup Distilled Water
- 1 Tablespoon Dish Soap
- 1 Teaspoon Glycerin (you can buy this online)
- 1 Glove/Sock
Let’s Make Some Bubbles:
- Mix ALL ingredients together (minus the glove or sock…)
- Let the solution sit for 24 hours
- Put on some gloves and go bounce some bubbles! (This helps ensure the bubbles won’t pop)
DIY Frozen Aloe
This helps tremendously when you get a sunburn! It not only helps to soothe your skin with the aloe vera, but the ice cools you down from the heat. So really you’re killing two birds with one stone here.
- All-Natural Aloe
- Ice Tray
This part is so easy and simple I don’t even have to number the steps! All you have to do is mix together some aloe with a little bit of water, and put it in an ice-cube tray and stick it in the freezer to freeze!
Beach Sand Removal
One of the only things I hear people complain about when talking about beaches, is the sand getting stuck to your wet and even dry skin… It’s incredibly annoying. Baby powder makes your skin very dry which helps to keep the sand from sticking to you.
- Baby Powder or Corn Starch
All you do here is put a reasonable amount of the baby powder or corn starch into your hands, then apply onto your feet and calves, or any other parts you’d like. You can brush off the extra baby powder easily along with any sand!
That’s all I have for you today! I meant to get this post up yesterday but my computer was having issues so I apologize for that!
Another summer DIY?! Of course! Everyone loves going to the beach and getting those perfect beach waves in your hair, but what if you aren’t at the beach and don’t wanna spend $50 for the two drops of spray they sell in stores? Well, that’s what DIYs are here for!
- Spray Bottle (you can get one at the dollar store)
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt (basically all grocery stores carry this)
- 1 tablespoon of hair gel (leave-in conditioner works just as well)
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of warm water
- Essential Oil (optional, but adds a nice scent to it!)
Now onto the steps to get those tumblr beach waves!
- Combine the water and sea salt into your spray bottle
- Shake bottle untill the salt is completely dissolved into the water
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the coconut oil and hair gel/leave-in conditioner
- Add the two mixtures together in the spray bottle and shake a few times
- Add 3-5 drops of essential oil (optional)
I hope this helps you guys and it works for you too! Let me know if it does!
Click For Social Media:
One of the most relaxing things to do when you get home after a long, stressful day, is to light some candles and take a nice hot bubble bath. What makes it even better are bath bombs. Bath bombs are a hard-packed mixture of dry ingredients which effervesces when it becomes exposed to water. They’re used to add scent, color, and essential oils to the bath water. Some people may know these as “bath fizzies”. When buying them in a store, they usually cost about $10.00 per bath bomb. This can get expensive, so here’s a DIY that works great and is easy!
- 1 cup of baking soda (not baking powder)
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 1/2 cup of epsom salts (fine-grained)
- 2 tsp. of essential oil (5-10 drops)
- 3 tsp. of olive/almond/coconut oil
- 1 tsp. of water
- Food coloring (you choose the color!)
- Mixing bowl
- Bath bomb mold
Now that you know what you need, here are the steps!
- Put the dry ingredients (baking soda, epsom salts) in the bowl and mix them together thoroughly with the whisk.
- In the jar, combine the liquid ingredients (citric acid, oils, water, food coloring), only add a few drops of the food coloring. In this step you add the fragrance oil you’d like.
- Add the mixed liquids slowly into the dry mixture. Do this one small spoonful at a time.
- Once the mixtures are combined and mixed well, pack it tightly into the bath bomb mold (round, plastic, snap together dome molds) and let it dry. To make sure the mixture does not dry out during the process, work quickly here.
When done, set the bath bombs on a fluffy towel to let them dry, let them sit no less than 24 hours. You can make as many as you want, whatever sizes you’d like, and the next day they’ll be ready to go!
Fragrences and their aromatheraputic effect:
Lavender- As many of you know, lavender helps releive stress and anxiety
Chamomile- This scent helps to releive anger
Jasmine- Increases confidence, eases depression, and releives anger
Rosemary- Improves the memory
Clary Sage- Helps to ease sorrow
Spiced Apple- Fights fatigue
Cinnamon- Deals with stress, nervous tention and insomia
Geranium- Calms irritablitity
Mixing the essential oils with epsom salt and adding it to your bath can increase your pleasure. They act as an emulsifier which allows the oil to disperse into the water instead of just floating ontop as oils usually do. When we smell something, certain brain sections receive information, such as influencing memory, learning, emotions, etc. I hope this helped!